Friday, March 23, 2012

A new phone cover every week

I recently bought the new Sony Xperia NEO and it one hell of a phone but I could not get great covers for my phone as its fairly new to the market and here in India it takes a lot of time when you get the covers that you actually-really want.... its not like Apple it has so amazing range of covers that I would buy an apple just for those lovely covers... 

Any ho .. so I looked up in http://www.ebay.in and found just 2 colors available for phone Black and white, so I bought a new White silicon cover to protect my phones back but I wasn't happy as it looked so Lame and boring so I thought maybe i can try and paint my silicon cover.. 

I am not as artistic as I am creative kinds ... so as I know my drawings suck so I decided to go with water soluble based temporary colors which can be washed off.

Products used:
----------------
Camlin Black poster Color.
Fevicryl water soluble glass painting color Blue. 

Poster color is applicable to glass and silicon base when you apply it from the bottel directly no medium to be used at all. 

So just figure out your design and draw it with a pencil on the cover,(I used eyes coz I use my cam a lot so i made that cam lens cavity as eye lens in the drawing.)

Then outline it Using a the poster color. 


Then complete your design. 



And finally fill the eye pupils with the desired color .. I chose Blue glass color as its really attractive and stands out so here is the completed look. 




Seriously I am not so happy with the way final outcome is, due to my poor drawing skills but I hope you can use the idea ... you can try marble painting or modern art drawing to enhance it a little more or try a cartoon like Flintstones or Tweety ....

let me know how it was in your comments down here. 

thanks. 



4 comments:

Sudha said...

Hey Nidhi its a Gud Job.........
lookes Great

Sudha said...

Hey Nidhi its a Gud Job.........
lookes Great

Noel Raphael said...

Good crreative thinkin... Good for girls.. I would rather prefer to flaunt the original back of my xperia... Nothin's better dan dat...

Nidhi said...

thanks,
Well yes this maybe a little girlie but hey we can try boyish designs too like Rocky Balboa painting or a fighter pilot plane

:D