Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Swine flu... disease or threat




I woke up today with the noise of the noisy street, children playing …. Aahhhh…. I hope I could do something about it; I rubbed my eyes & saw it was 6 pm … ohhhh I had to take the public transport to reach my office today, I switched on the TV to the most entertaining channel these dayz, no its not MTV its IBN7, Live India, Star news … your one stop destination to all gossips… made up scandals… scoops .. and ghost stories.. And for fill-ups in between some real time news, yes you guessed it it’s the “NEWZ Channel”

The topic for today was rather interesting “Swine flu”

As we know there have been around 6 deaths reported throughout country affected with swine flu, and most of them from Maharashtra. Pune has contributed most of it in the epidemic no doubt that the schools and stadiums and common public places which can be closed are closed. The bulletin covered some facts as to how can you get a virus, how can you prevent it from occurring you and that the swine flu in early stages is actually curable.

Aren’t we just too scared !!!!!

=======================================================
After putting off the box, I rushed to the station to catch the 7:48 pm train and as I walked along the road I spotted some people covering their faces with handkerchiefs while walking, I tried smelling hard like a puppy to check if there was any odor, there was not…. I walked towards the station and spotted people on bench wearing surgical masks and some with hanky’s and scarf on their nose and mouth, then it clicked me that this was because people were horrified being attacked by Swine flu also as they have no other option but to use the masks, as there is no precautionary medicine available, no vaccine developed
It was not just that day I travelled my way back from office next morning and again to office next evening, people with masks are increasing in number, its good that we are well aware that there is a deadly virus in air and prevention is better than cure… but trust me when you watch these people you might get so scared… I was reminded or scary flicks like The happening, Resident Evil, I am Legend .. of course there is no Will Smith here to save the word … alas !!!

Face the fact:

========================================
· I am not a great researcher but from what I have read and heard on TV and read thru the PPT floating in my mailbox daily… swine flu virus does not travel in train and buses so relax guys and treat it just like any other cough and cold virus.. like its said if you are scared of snake and if a non –poisonous snake bites you will die of the fear.

· Second that swine flu is curable if you see the doctor in time so if you develop the disease just visit get yourself checked and proper medication will heal the virus, people have been cured and are now leading normal lives

· Indian government has imported medicines to cure people and the medicines are to such amount that they can support about 1 billion people effected, swine flu cases will continue to occur until next summer. So take a chill pill guyz and necessary precautions ofcourse
May god be with you and protect you J

2 comments:

itsakash4u said...

correct !.
But see what is happening in ma college.
http://akashdhruvtara.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

This is bound to happen in such cases due to ignorance and lack of knowledge..... N the media adding to the panic doesnt help......Pinks what do u think ?