Saturday, September 5, 2009

My plastic Bag


Today while travelling to office by train I noticed a female, she looked nice and well dressed and she was carrying large number of shopping bags... looking closely I could spot Globus, Shoppers stop, Central you name it, you get it ...

The women was proud of spending her money as she was the center for attraction of that time in the train, what I noticed that amongst the big packets there were even small packets for things like really did not need them, like there was a small packet for Globus and it was transparent green so there was just a bangle peeping out of it, also there was a small packet for Archie's gallery ... maybe she bought a greeting card and also a small packet for some thing else which was opaque so I could not understand what it was but it was some accessory ...

I know I know that its bad to peep in someone else's bags but what i was concerned about was that these things in the little bags did not actually needed bags, she could have just fused the things in the big bags

Instead of carrying 5 plastic bags with little things, it would have been better to carry a single bag with 5 things inside it. I never take bags for small things that can be carried along or just kept in your purse.
I understand that the plastic bags provided by the BIGG shops in the malls are really cool and stylish and its a great thing to carry them ... but they are plastic at the end of the day and as I read a hoarding in Mumbai CST

"It takes a second to create a plastic bag and 1 million years to decompose it "

Please give it a thought and think 10 times before take plastic bags for small and unnecessary stuff.

Hope my fellow shopaholics get that message

2 comments:

itsakash4u said...

small thing makes big impact.
i appreciate ur concern.

Nidhi said...

chee... thanks for your comment aakash