Sunday, January 29, 2012

When I grow up …


When I was little I always told my momma that I wanted to be a dentist (I know its not what people always want but I used visit a lot of them and I was fascinated with their coats and those damsels looking so cute in them I wanted to be one of them)

When I was a little older I wanted to be a fashion designer as my Mum has done the course and I kept looking at her designs and patterns she stitched me a lot of clothes herself and I stitched myself some when I was in school.

When I grew up a little more I still wanted to be that but my Dad thought that it’s a profession where you need lot of capital investment and being typical Indians we concentrate more on a strong promising career rather than experimenting with creativity and new jobs like these and I am sure still people think these jobs aren’t permanent kinds.

So I chose Computer Science as my subject in collage and Graduated with CS as major subject, thanks to that I now have a firm promising and permanent job in leading MNC in India and great career options for future. I have a dream job with good package

But know when I think what I really wanted to be its non of those things. ?!?!?!?!

When I am 26 right now and I ponder of the decisions made in my life as far as my career is concerned it has been a Cakewalk for me, I am grateful to lord of this as people spend life struggling but cannot land into a good career.

I want to be a traveler and roam around the world, I want to see things do stuff, I wish I can quit my job yet keep getting money to travel.. I am not the weird one out there are many people who travel and just do that as a profession, the only way to travel and get paid for it is either photography (I suck in that) or blogging … I have read so many traveler blogs and I am so fascinated by the exquisite places and photos and food and people.

I wish there was a better way to travel and get paid for it and do that all my life.



No comments: