Friday, October 25, 2013

Handicrafts is what we are all about.

My mum just returned from Jaipur carrying a lot of handicrats to keep Sindoor ( we have like 5 already) and those little elephents and horses and some more stuff, I promise I will post pictures here. so each time she gets all this showpeices (unless stuff) I have a huge Grin on my face thinking do we need it ... are we still collecting it.

but this time she gave me an answer that make me feel so proud of her.

We should be buying handycrafts because:
1. It reflects our culture and keeps it alive in our homes.
2. It is the oldest form of Craft avalable in our civilizataion and yes it is so so pretty.
3. Some old guy a family must be making these with there hands and selling for cheap rate which a hope to   buy 2 times bread for there family. if you notice its better then begging but if it dosnt work they might have to beg.

When I go out and a guy comes and tries to sell me a pot with some mirror work on it for rs 100, I think its definatly not worth it because that pot is just for rs 10 and he has applied cheap glitter to it and ignore the guy even when he bargains it to the half price But then I go to the Mall to same elite shop like "Earth" or some ethnic shop and the same pot being sold for rs 450 is cheap and affordable because the shop is clean has AC and the salesman speaks in a better language. ( i am not talking about the quality at this moment)

but if you ponder on it who do you think needs the money more ? the roadside struggler or the guy who has opened a shop in a mall.
If no one buys the pot from that guy he will be forced to beg.

If we do not promote the handicrafts in our own country we are making it more poor and forcing more people to beg.

When I went to bangkok  noticed there was not even one begger( maybe one or 2 oldies) and NO not everyone is a prostitiute out there, people are hardworking they make jobs for themselves. I saw boys who sits on road counters and paint nails for gals, a guy who painted helmets, a man who stands like statue for hours, a girl who sells handmade watches and clocks and the best part is people and tourists buy it.

Thai people dont know english and they strike a deal via calculaters typing the negotiation amount but they have a value for there own handicrafts and because of which tourists also buy them.

My mum said this oldie begged to her to buy the lil leather coated horse swearing that he was hungry since yesterday and need money to feed his children, when she paid him the first thing he did was ran and bought bread and gave it to his kids with water, that makes me thankgod that we are not in his place but we can help our fellow humanbeings to fight the poverty in India ....

No comments: