Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Banana on Hair - The Ugly Truth

I recently got my hair colored in choclate brown as I have very dark black hair no one would even notice that, just my highlights got a bit colored up anyways....
If you are planning to color your hair just for fun and you do NOT have a  hair greying problem, DON'T DO IT.
I choose the L'oreal Casting creme gloss praying that it wont dry out my hair but it did and although I used the inbuild conditioner and color protect shampoo the hair is just so coarse and dry I am putting them in a pony.

Anywas so that was about the Damage... I knew that there needs to be a good repair treatment to save my long tresses from the ugly rubber band and those Bobby pins...

So I started Hunting for a Homemade damage repair therepy for dry hair and when you do that the most common one you will see is the Banana and Honey.

I tried that and I am still not sure it that worked well, all you gotta do is take some banana (riper one) mash it and mix it with a teaspoon of honey and apply it to hair wash after 25 minutes.

Its not as easy as it sounds, the banana needs to be mashed in the blender and made a very very thin paste then mixed with honey and applied as i didnt know this (unfortunalty) I just used my palms to mash the fruit and applied it all over the more chunky pieces were mashed when they were on my hair.
This was a mistake those peices were so sticky they never came out even when i shampooed my hair twice they were still there, I applied the conditioner and still those sticky morons wouldnot come out ... I had to come out of the shower and wait until my hair dried up but still the chunks remain until the hair was really really dry and I had to remove the residue with a fine toothed comb and it took a lot of time for everythng to come out, do not ask about the hair breakage :'(

please donot try banana on hair until you have mashed it to a paste such thin as milk to wash it off.
I will be trying other homamade recipies as well and post the outcome.

hope this helps.

No comments: