Wednesday, July 23, 2008

My feet My Luck




Well the title is a bit un-usual because we really do not discuss about it so often, But today while I was seated at my office and researching on something I did not notice that I kept my feet on the CPU that is situated just below my desk so my neighbor (well not exactly my neighbor but the person sitting next to me at office) shouted and asked me hurriedly to remove my feet from the CPU, as a reflex I did it but when I asked him the reason he said As we earn by working on computer each day, the Computer is a person who has given us job and bread so we should treat it really nice and not offend it,
Poofh I was more than shocked and to hear the statement and I tried to explain him, how computer was invented to simplify human operations and how its just a piece of working hardware parts, but all in vain, the guy actually had a belief that for him computer was a god as it gave him Job, money to support his family, The guy also explained that they still worship the computer at his home daily and they also broke the coconut and had a ceremony when they bought the computer at home for the first time.
Well this topic is quite large, some may call it Indian illiteracy, some may call it the peoples belief, Must I must agree to the part that We Indians can bring just anything to life !!!!!

My take on the topic is that why do we discriminate feet with the rest of the body? Is it in the old mythology that feet are a part of the body that is degraded, because when we go to the temple we remove our shoes and also wash our feet with water, we do not sit pointing our feet to anyone, If you step on someone by mistake you will apologize touching your hands to your head and heart as is you have committed a grave sin,

I believe my feet is the most important part of my body, it does helps me navigate which is quite obvious. but you might have heard our parents saying the you stood on your own legs, that means now you have started earning. This statement means a lot, it brings respect, responsibility and a sense of self- content within you.

So much discrimination to the same part of body. To conclude my point I would just say that you feet are as important and as your head is and you do not have any right to treat your feet as degrade part of body as god had create it which much more importance ....

1 comment:

Soniya said...

Hey Friends,

Nice to have such thoughts. i totally agree with her but you know guys we have some beliefs to follow and that bring happinesss to us after we obey them and so this is what one of our belief that the thing or place from where we get food or where we stood on our feet should get respect and so it is that respect that we show by not putting feet any respected and religious place........

Hope you agree with me not fully but yeah to an extent......

NJOY!!!!!!!!!!


Good job Dear!