Thursday, August 28, 2008

Stomach teaches them all….

Stomach teaches them all….

I was travelling at the local train by regular route home to office, the train journey is about 20 minutes in which I normally pastime by listening to songs or reading a book, I really never paid attention to the environment around me although I know that there are a lot of vendors selling things ….

Yesterday I was travelling as usual when I found a lil hand to calling me and pointing me towards flowers (asking me to buy them), I looked closely there was a kid not more than 10 years old in really filthy clothes, look malnourished and dirty, he was selling a bunch of roses for RS 10 …I guess, he asked me to buy them as he had not eaten since morning, I gave him the money and took the roses, after sometime he repeated the same exercise with some one else sitting a little further, and he was successful again..

Ok, I said to myself he is just practicing the way to sell his products using the emotional factor especially of the females, but just a thought.. Who teaches these children to use these ways to get there items sold,

Imagine a student studying MBA or BCOM in Financial and market strategy, people study long books just to know how we can sell the product and compete to market strategies, but here these kids are merely 10-12 years old and they have qualities like …

Maintaning the product - Like maintain the shelf life of product also making sure it looks good and new and even if it is damaged then selling it for a lesser rate, examples the hair clips

Promoting the product – Promoting your product quality where you talk about the product and benefits and cost effectiveness example toys, jewellery, stickers and cosmetics

Tackling with the competitor – I have observed that no 2 people will sell the same thing on the same compartment, they will catch another train, also if they do they will make sure that the customer prefers their product by telling them how they sell well than the other person even if the product is still the same

Finance: this is the place where they calculate the amount of goods sold, money earned, total profit earned and money that will be used to buy the new products, also they are well aware of new products in market

Poofh… I was wondering where these kids go for all these classes but then I realized there stomach teaches them all ….

No comments: