Saturday, April 25, 2009

Fight against Child labor




Today Mum was not well, she complaint of pain in back and ribs which is not normal at all according to me at her age and I am a bit more concerned about her bones and she is quite skinny, actually we are renovating our bathroom and plumbing section, so we ordered some heavy metal pipes from a shop and the shopkeeper sent the delivery boy who was a a small kid not more than 10 years old and was carrying 5 heavy pipes on his back,

When mum saw him, she rushed downstairs to help him keep that down which actually made a catch on her back, I was so glad to hear this and that's why I love her so much !!!!

But that is really a very big problem faced by the Indian Children today, I remember going to a shop to order some snacks and there were child waiters and Dishwashers everywhere their hands were too small to hold the juice classes but they were still delivering it, when I noticed keenly I found that all the workers where children from age 10 – 17, I thought of calling 1098 right away and complaining to the Child Help Line, but then my friend reminded me that these children might be supporting there families and to avoid a child labor we might effect the family, that could be correct but there has to be some way out to stop this.


In my previous post Stomach Teaches them all, I tried to highlight this feature but I agree that it sounded completely different. When you see small kids working for you, you really do not feel good because this is not what they deserve, these children are the upcoming generation and future of India, If this continues India will never graduate to be termed as Developed country….

In case you spot a Child labor or child violation you can call the number 1098 which is toll free or Forum against Child sexual exploitation at 23002683

2 comments:

Ashish said...

If a child isn’t forced to do the work, has free time, isn’t abused, and can still go to school, then child labor is okay. Otherwise, I don’t think its right, even if its only missing one of the criteria.

Nidhi said...

actully yeah i agree... a child who work to support his family and still gets his right to education is not denyable but still childer should not work in there golden childhood period because when they become Adults like you naf e they have to work all there life :(